RAQS FLOW LEVEL 3
March 28-April 1, 2018
A continuation of Level 2, you must have participated and passed the Level 2 exams.
30 hours of training / 2 hours testing / 4 hours of collective presentations
Friday 9-1/2:30-6:30 (Dinner and presentations)
Saturday 10-1/2:30-6:30 (Dinner and presentations)
Sunday 9:30-12:30 / Testing 1:30-3:30
Overview and topics
- History and cultural examination: an exploration of Indigenous and Folkloric dances of North Africa and the Middle East
- Level 3 Strength training and conditioning to develop the core, enhance stamina, flexibility, balance, and well-being
- Continuation of classical dance movement techniques and veil techniques
- Level 3 Raqs Flow technique and movement vocabulary. Incorporating all movements learned to this point.
- Phrasing and Transitions
- Level 3 Raqs Sharqi technique and movement vocabulary / folkloric dances
- Level 3 Rhythm identification. Intermediate finger cymbals and continuing darbuka techniques. Introduction to frame drum and riqq
- In depth musicality exploring rhythm, melody, lyrics and Maqam
- Improvisation with live music
- Stage presence, emotion, tarab and stylization
- Level 3 Drills designed to enhance stamina, coordination and rhythmic consistency
- Level 3 Choreographies to enhance and develop “Flow”
LEVEL 3 Prerequisites
Additional prerequisites are required for Level 3. Those details are disclosed in your registration packet.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 15 to ensure personal 1 on 1 coaching and feedback.
WE ARE SORRY BUT NO REFUNDS!! Due to the exclusivity of the training we cannot offer refunds. Transfers will be considered under special circumstances.