RAQS FLOW LEVEL 2
May 31-June 4, 2017
A continuation of Level 1, you must have participated in Level 1 (you did not have to test).
27 hours of training and 2 hours testing.
Sunday 9-12 / Testing 1-3
Open to all dancers who have participated in Level 1 whether they tested or not.
Overview and topics
- Continuation of history and cultural examination.
- Level 2 Strength training and conditioning to develop the core, enhance stamina, flexibility, balance, and well-being
- Posture and Level 2 arm positions and stylizations. Analysis of their modes of use
- Level 2 Raqs Flow technique and movement vocabulary, introduction to isolations and layering
- Level 2 Raqs Sharqi technique and movement vocabulary
- Foot patterns and transitions
- Development of spins and turns
- Level 2 Drills designed to enhance stamina, coordination and rhythmic consistency
- Level 2 Rhythm identification. Introducing finger cymbals and basic darbuka techniques with musician
- Level 2 Choreography to enhance and develop “Flow”
Please be advised that you must have completed at least one Level 1 training (not tested, that is optional) to participate in the Level 2. Additional prerequisites are required for students who want to test in Level 2. All those details are disclosed in your registration packet.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO to ensure personal 1 on 1 coaching and feedback.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW. IT WILL SELL OUT
Upon registration you will get full details in your welcome/registration packet about Level 2 as well as a syllabus and info about hotels we recommend.
WE ARE SORRY BUT NO REFUNDS!! Under certain circumstance we can offer a transfer to another training.